Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Perhaps that’s why I like snow so much


If you need me I’ll be hanging out in a tree,
Or laying in the snow and watching stars with frozen eyes.
Tasting all the chemicals I find that I can see,
Or maybe I’ll just be praying that I’d die.

If you want me don’t start to look where I should be
Don’t look for DNA or my carbon in the ashes.
I might be alone now, I might be at home
Or maybe I’m a goner somewhere where you can’t come.

I might be on the roadside, hit and run, or better, roadkill
I might be a little thinner at the bottom of a cliff.
I might be in my car, and you’ll never know
If I did it on purpose- or if it was a car malfunction.

If you want to find me, don’t ask me any questions,
Save your breath for saying goodbye,
Farewell, to my cold, dead corpse.
Perhaps that’s why I like snow so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment