Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Everything

 I have given up everything to you. I have asked you to break me down until there is nothing left. And you did. And the world did.
She stomped on me. She stomped on us. And she cried and broke my heart. Because the love that binds us is a ghost that cries out with each memory​, and her tears pull me to the ground and stand on my neck because I can't love and I can't hate.

My dreams left or were crushed. Some dreams became burdens instead of wings. Heavy weights upon a broken back. The dreams I thought you gave me I gave you back, because I felt your hand held out for them. And my inheritance- I only saw the weakness. I saw the hopelessness. I can only see the tunnel. Is there a light?

And I ask to see the light and like a hand held over my eyes I am allowed to walk into wall after wall.

And through it all they kept talking. They said you said so much. But they said too much. Some didn't say too much, instead avoided me altogether.

You said I was to have hope. You said I was to give hope to others. You said the Nations were mine. You said I would be a mother. But here I am waiting. Waiting on you.

And I stopped waiting. And I got distracted. So I need to refocus. It is so hard to focus on things that aren't as real to you as pain. And it's hard to want love when the pain becomes who you think you are.

But you are good. And I believe that with my whole being. So please come. Fill me up again. Drain out all these words and teach me a new story. Dust off the book. Let's start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment