Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Saintpaulia

~2005~

Saintpaulia sitting on the sill, how beautiful you are!
Growing there since I was a babe, but never said "au revoir."
What is your secret oh bud of my youth? “Patience by God alone.
“Tastefully seeking for water of life, for God, I have grown.”


~2014~

Saintpaulia, you died; you have slowly given up the faith.
I never thought you would, my dear, I thought you’d always stay.
“Not given up the faith, my dear; your faith should be in God.
None can live forever here, but by His faithfulness I’m awed.”

Years have torn it from bitter hands, Saintpaulia my dear,
Yet so in death you still remained without a trace of fear?
You’re dead and I have wretched life; you’re awed and I’m a mess;
And yet you teach me, nature’s queen, of God and nothing less.

Let others do what they may do, I know what’s right and wrong.
I plan on taking what you’ve said, I’ve known it all along.
You grew up with me; you knew the truth I’d have to see.

Truth imparted, your purpose done - now no more you’ll be.



No comments:

Post a Comment