Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Winter




I don’t remember the order of days.

I can’t start to see a way through this maze.
Forget me, forget me, I’ll just fade away.
My promises passing away in the haze.

Sky-tall it seems to stand up like doom.
At bright cotton clouds, its flurries they loom.
I can’t stand up tall in this minuscule room.
I'm finally realizing the world’s a tomb.



Dismay me, I dare you. I dare you to move.
I can’t even cry and I have nothing to prove.
There is nothing worse; can nothing improve?
Except for my life, to snuff or remove.

Prepare yourself, darling, I’m leaving my clay.
I don’t mean to leave you in any dismay.
I pray understanding won’t lead you astray,
But lead you to memories upon which to prey.

Performing this life-long skit isn’t for me.
I moved off from palaces and on to debris.
I’d rather not fake, and I don’t want to flee.
But there is nothing here that I can foresee.


I’m framing a picture of me in your mind.

Pretend that I’m smiling, or perhaps that you’re blind.
Pretend that I’m free, instead of tightly confined.
Pretend I’m remaining, not leaving you behind.



I didn’t mean to.
I’m sorry I did.
It wasn’t for you;
Farewell I bid.



I drew this on my biochemistry notes...

No comments:

Post a Comment