Sunday, January 22, 2017

Together


Dancing in a straight but jagged line
Here and there, switching partners every dance
Smiling at the lonely girl in the corner
And asking her to dance; we dance.
Smoothing my friend’s hair.
Holding the lady’s baby
While she danced with Her husband.
I just kept doing what was in my heart.
The barrenness of the earth I watered
With tears and with laughter
I trudged through mud and wilderness
Just to dance again at this Joy
Because I knew that He would be there.
He adopted me into His family.
In His eyes, I could see a princess reflected.

I heard the footsteps.
He walked up and tapped my shoulder
The warmth of his touch made me face Him
“May I have this dance?”
I knew those eyes, I knew that face.
His breath was sweet.
I looked in His eyes, kind and glowing.
This was the first time I'd seen so clearly.
As I looked, the rest faded.
He swept me away with Him.
He told me that it was time to go.
We would go home together.
But the sweetness of His breath
Took the bitterness of parting away.
There was nothing but love
In the air, and in my heart.

What could I do but follow Him?
It was He who held my heart before
Because He didn’t reserve
He gave it all.
And now it could not be separated
I am one with Him.


He danced with me and brought me
To a castle He had prepared
He showed me pictures on the walls
The ones He loved
They weren’t pictures, they were moments.
They were captured moments from my life,
And the things I had done.
The acceptance in the heart
Of the girl I danced with
The refreshment of the husband and wife
The fresh air of the plants that grew
From the dust that had been watered.
He had watched. He had known.
And He had been faithful.

Then I saw a picture of tears.
It was a waterfall, because I had left.
And through my own tears
I looked up at Him again.
And He looked down at me.
I said, “I know you’ll take care of them.
I am happy here with You.”
He said “I will heal their hearts.
I have purposes for them.”
And He showed me those plans.
They were beautiful.
And he dried my tears,
And we walked together.
Hand in hand.
Up the hill, and back down.
We are together.




No comments:

Post a Comment