Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Awaken


Picture taken by Sean Smith Copyright 2017 



















Sharply cold, the waves are breaking,
Smashing walls of seething ice
Spraying shards from peaks and asking
What ugly ransom could suffice?

Only You can lift my anchor
Only You sustain in grief
I'm powerless and prone to wander
But you sail past my unbelief.

Passion's fire that I was missing
I had dropped along the way
In the sea beyond the moonlight
In the densest foggy gray

Picture taken by Sean Smith Copyright 2017 

























You return to me the fire
Though stormy waves, it's been rebuilt
My eyes have found your tenderness
Though without a drop of guilt

And then the gentle snow starts falling
And you inspire my song again
I wait for rays of sun to glitter
On the white and shining glen

Here we are to stay til springtime
Watching as the snow feeds streams
That come from mountaintops to gather
In the lakes, o'er bright mist gleams
Picture taken by Sean Smith Copyright 2017 

















Stay and watch as buds awaken
And reach out to the warming air
Coax them from their sheltered haven
Tendrils climbing, sleek and fair

The copse is standing at attention
As Shepherd leaps from crag to ridge
His feet are able and stride immense
From dreams to life He builds a bridge

He'll shape my lowly feet to be
As strong and nimble as His own
Like hinds that spring to reach the cliffs
We'll climb as one, His strength alone.
Picture taken by Sean Smith Copyright 2017 





No comments:

Post a Comment