Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Leaving Our Lees

Picture taken by Sean Smith Copyright 2017 



















Hug me when I leave you
'Cause I may not be back
My shoes are complaining of the cold
And the road is right on track

I've written this song to you
Remind you it's alright
We decided it would be okay
We both left that same night

As long as it's not forever,
I'm glad you'll get the chance,
Remember that eternity
Is part of this old dance.

I've stepped out to the north wind
Cast my net out in the seas
Your hand is not holding me
And I've left behind the lees

With ancients underneath me
Wherever I may go
your words tenderly floating
In the wind and rills I row

I'll pace myself to see the air
To see each sunset ride
Underneath the clouds to bed
On to the other side

Dreams I wake to- will tell the day
What it's fill should be
And perhaps they'll let us join again
In dreamland, you and me.

I look lost but, my dear, I'm not
I'll choose each step with care
My passion will not lose its fire
I'll have enough to share.

I hope you take the time you need
And tarry o'er each hill
But try to come with stories
Knowing you, you will.
Picture taken by Sean Smith Copyright 2017 

No comments:

Post a Comment